I often look to Troy to create logos and banners for JoeCustoms.com and site projects. Where he excels is creating packaging templates for our archive. Even with several members with digital art backgrounds, Troy’s work raises the bar because of its professional finish quality. I’d recommend him to anybody.
Occasionally I do take on commission or contract work as my scheduled allows. As you can see from my portfolio I can work with a wide range of medium including, hand drawn, digital art, 3D mechanical or architectural modeling. I’m proficient or moderately proficient with a number of programs, allowing me to tailor solutions to individual projects.
Projects might include:
- Logo Design – For print, web, or other applications
- Illustrations – Hand drawn or digital
- Concept Design – From products to packaging
- Graphic Design – For marketing materials, packaging, or web applications
- Basic Model / Prototype Fabrication – Custom toys for hobbiests and collectors
- Copy Writing – Descriptive write-ups, tag lines, and marketing verbage for products or websites
- Consulting – I can share my opinions and expertise on a number of subject to help you with a project
Troy is an exceptionally talented, creative, and professional artist and designer. I am often blown away by the level of detail and precision that is evident in his work. He has an excellent grasp of color, texture, proportion, perspective, depth, and storytelling. But add to all that a passion for his work and you have someone who can take your idea and make it much better than you could have ever imagined. Troy’s professionalism is unparalleled, he is easy to work with and will take in your ideas and make his own suggestions then create a piece of work that is a melding of both.
Last, Troy’s turnaround time is phenomenal. There are times when I have discussed a piece with him, and before the day is done he has a highly detailed piece to show me. This includes his ability to learn new technology – we once talked about him using Adobe Illustrator which he was unfamiliar with and in 48 hours he was using it like a pro. If you want high-quality, richly detailed design work as well as an enjoyable working experience, consider hiring Troy. Trust me, you will not regret it.
-Jessica Edington, Multimedia Instructor
Morgan Community College
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 – Photo editing software
- Adobe Illustrator CS5 – Vector art software
- Adobe Premiere CS4 – Video editing software
- Autodesk AutoCad – 2D drafting program
- Autodesk Inventor – 3D mechanical parametric modeling program
- Autodesk Revit Architectural – 3D architectural parametric modeling program
- MonuCAD – Monument design software
- Various Wikis – User edited knowledge base websites
- Microsoft Office – Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations
I have additional experience in these roles with software:
- Desire2learn System Administrator – Manage users, content and course offering in the Desire2learn online learning environment. This experience was at the college level with a two year institution.
- WordPress Content Management – Your already here on my WordPress based website.
- Wiki Programing / Content Creation & Management – I’m a wiki group lead for the Joecustoms.com wiki as part of Joecustoms.com.
- Board Drafting / Illustration – Old fashioned pencil on paper
- Entry Level Pressure Casting – Pressure aided casting of urethane and resin plastics in silicone molds
- Detail Painting – Small brushes down to tooth picks
- Very Basic Sculpting – Using clay, epoxy, or waxes
- Model Fabrication – Using commercially available styrene
Contact me for commissions
If you have interest in contacting me about commission work please fill out the form below with some of the details of your project and I can get with you about a quote and availability. Please include information:
- scope of the project
- time table your looking at
- any additional details I might need to know when looking at what might need to be done